Eudora Small Business Assistance Program
City of Eudora Small Business Assistance Program (ESBAP)
CARES Act Funding / Douglas County CRF Funds
The City of Eudora will administer a small business assistance program as part of its receipt of CARES Act funding. Eudora was awarded $119,500 – minus administrative and marketing costs (not to exceed 5% of program amount) - to provide small business assistance to local, Eudora businesses. The program is designed to help offset the impacts that businesses have faced from COVID-19.
- Local, Eudora businesses with 20 or fewer employees (including the owner)
- Must be a for-profit business in good standing with Kansas Secretary of State as verified by BESS check
- Must have been in operation as of February 1, 2020
- Demonstrate an annualized reduction in revenue of 20% or greater
- No unpaid code enforcement issues or utility liens
- Business plan in place to return to full operation after local and state emergency guidelines are lifted
- Businesses that have been previously awarded CARES Act funding are eligible to apply for this program; however, must show that the funds they may be awarded through this program will not be used for previously covered expenses. All funds must be used for new, unique expenditures.
- Typical working capital including, but not limited to wages, rent, utilities, inventory, advertising, insurance, etc.
- Expenses are eligible only if incurred between 3/1/20 and 12/31/20
- Receipts, paid invoices or cancelled checks will be required for proof of eligible spending
APPLICATION SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Program information and applications are available online, using the official application form, linked below. The application will go live on October 15 and will close on October 30. Applications will be reviewed by the program committee (City staff, grant administrator, and Eudora Chamber of Commerce Executive Director). Funds will be awarded based on the application criteria below.
Paper applications and program information will also be available at City Hall for those business owners not comfortable using our online application process.
NOTE: The application has 2 parts:
- Main Application Pages 3-4
- Supplemental Funding Checklist Pages 7-8
The rest of the information is about the program and the instructions to help you navigate and submit a complete application. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
APPLICATION RATING CRITERIA
Applications will be awarded based on demonstrated need, as measured by the application and eligibility criteria. Should any documentation be missing, incorrect or otherwise have deficiencies a member of the program committee will contact the applicant for corrections.
APPLICATION REVIEW CRITERIA / PROCESS
Applications will be reviewed by the review committee, using the attached application. This includes relevant business information, impacts from COVID, lost revenue and other working capital, and reimbursement needs.
Maximum funding per eligible business is $20,000.
Past expenditures dated as early as March 1, 2020 and those incurred up until December 20, 2020 are eligible for reimbursement. Lost revenue should be tied to the impacts of COVID-19 and be related to losses in working capital, as outlined above.
The City reserves the right to offer assistance at the level appropriate for each application, demonstrated need, and based on availability of program funds. The goal of this program is to provide small business assistance funds to those who have been most heavily impacted by COVID-19 and that have the most need.
There may be an auditing process that could require a small business owner to present evidence that they have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and used CARES Act funds to offset the costs of the impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Should you need help with the application or have additional questions about the Eudora Small Business Assistance Program, please contact Jeffery Rhodes – email@example.com, or by phone – 785-6907123.