The Eudora Citizens Academy is a five-week program open to Eudora residents ages 14 and up. Participants in the Academy will learn about and experience how the City operates and provides services, including:
- Touring the Public Safety Building, including the Police and Fire Department.
- Participating in hands-on activities and exercises.
- Meeting the Eudora Mayor and City Commissioners.
- Receiving presentations and tours from department heads and City staff.
- Learning about the different programs and services the City provides.
Sessions will be held every Thursday from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM, from 3/23/23 - 4/20/23, for a total of 5 sessions. Participants may arrive at 5:45 PM to receive a complimentary dinner.
Please fill out the short application below if you are interested in participating in the Eudora Citizens Academy. Applications for the Class of 2023 are open from 2/23/2023 - 3/3/2023. Class size is limited to 15 participants, and all participants will receive a Eudora Citizens Academy mug. The Eudora Citizens Academy Class of 2023 will graduate at the City Commission Meeting on April 24th, 2023. In order to graduate, participants must attend at least four out of the five sessions.
Eudora Citizens Academy Application
Applicants ages 14-17 must submit a short letter of recommendation from a teacher with their application.
If you have any questions regarding the Eudora Citizens Academy, please email email@example.com